Friday, January 24, 2014

I Cannot Wait to Herd Autonomous Cars

When Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill legalizing the use of autonomous cars on public roads, my heart leapt in anticipatory joy. I honestly cannot wait to see how much fun I can have confusing the hell outta some hapless Camry searching for a parking space in a packed parking lot. There will be strategy, there will be blood. Well, perhaps no blood. But strategy for sure. What do you think about the innovation of autonomous cars? Are they the beginning of the end for life as we know it in a modern age filled with hybrid horsepower, manual transmissions, and real drivers? I can imagine that some day, our government will deem us unfit to operate motor vehicles without any sort of autopilot equipped. It could be like training wheels to the extreme, and little to no fun at all. Let us know what you think, and how the cars will improve, or make worse, out daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment