So it seems that Goodies Speed Shop is feeling the burn of high fuel prices just like the rest of us. Here are some pretty good tips on how to avoid wasting any of your extra fuel.
"With the cost of gasoline hitting $5 a gallon we’re all looking at ways we can improve gas mileage in our cars and trucks. Here are a few ideas:
- Drive Sensibly – Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gas. It can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent at highway speeds and by 5 percent around town.
- Remove Excess Weight – Avoid keeping unnecessary items in your vehicle, especially heavy ones. An extra 100 pounds in your vehicle could reduce your MPG by up to 2 percent.
- Tire Inflation – Under inflated tires increase mileage costs significantly. Make sure your tires are inflated to the manufacturer’s specs.
- Oil & Filter Change – make sure you’ve got fresh oil and filter, preferably synthetic – good clean oil lets your engine run smoother and can help with gas mileage.
- Program / Tune your car – For late model cars there are several power programming solutions that will both increase the performance of your car and decrease your gas mileage from 2 to 4 miles/gal. If you’ve got a carburetor have it dyno tuned."