Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Worlds Fastest Trailer: 140 mph GMC Diesel Power

What we have here is a 2006 GMC 2500HD with some serious upgrades to its diesel engine. They never really go into specifics as to how much torque or horsepower this thing gets, except to mention it has close to 1000 horses. I'm far more interested in how much torque it produces, seeing as it's a twin turbo diesel truck; I figured it would be impressive. Anyway, the goal of this record breaking run is to achieve the 140mph mark. I won't spoil it, but I will say that the first four and a half minutes, they keep reminding us how stupid it is to get a trailer past the posted speed limit. I think I counted a total of 10 times that someone said, "It's never a good idea to exceed the speed limit when trailering something, but we're gonna do it anyway." Skip the first 4 minutes and you'll get to the good stuff. Enjoy.
Source: Ridelust.com

No comments:

Post a Comment