Wednesday, September 26, 2012

F1 Drama In The States


Formula One is arguably one of the most popular sports on the planet, although if you're living in America, you may not know it. This is due to the fact that it is largely European in origin, generally holding races and events overseas. However, in an effort to bring fresh money and fans to the sport, Bernie Ecclestone teamed up with sponsors in the states to bring us some of what we've been missing. However, it seems like some of the event organizers in New Jersey have failed to meet pre-arranged deadlines agreed to between the two parties. As a sad, nasty result, Ecclestone pulled out from Jersey and it looks like we'll only catch the races in Austin, Texas. None of this news has yet been confirmed, but don't be surprised when we don't see any F1 action in New Jersey this year. I think the worst part about this whole scenario is that these guys blew our chances of seeing more races in the future.

Now ol' Bernies talking about a Gran Prix in Mexico for Pete's sake. I don't think there's enough people in Mexico who would truly appreciate that which is F1 racing. Don't get me wrong, they would love the races, but is it really worth spending $150 million to set up a race in a country like Mexico? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think there are any Mexican F1 racers on the grid. I guess that's why Wikipedia was invented, huh? Okay, so I was right, you can count the number of Mexican drivers who have attempted to compete on one hand. WHY MEXICO, BERNIE, WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment