Friday, May 11, 2012

I Hate Porsche. So Sue Me.

I'm sure I'll be getting a whole bunch of flak for this, but I'm just gonna go right out there and say it. Porsche's are ugly, sound like garbage disposals, and have had the same design scheme since forever ago. Every single Porsche that has come through our doors at Wheels and Deals has been scrutinized extensively by Yours Truly, and not a one, save for a lowered Cayenne Turbo, has caught my interest. Interestingly enough, I'm generally a fan of strange looking vehicles, and Porsche has strange cars in droves. I don't know what it is, but maybe the "timeless" styling has gotten old, or maybe the fact that they look like squat VW's is what turns me off. And to be perfectly honest, the quality of the build is not very high. Whatever it is, I just simply can't stand them. 
Of course there is the exception to every rule, and Porsche has its gems. The GT3 RS, for example, is one such exception. The paint scheme on these factory race cars really brings out the personality that belongs on them, rather than the dull, boring blue or grey that is generally seen. Not only does the GT3 get a much needed face-lift, but the rest of the car, including the chassis, engine, and suspension components get a tidy upgrade as well. Now that I've made my disdain for Porsche clear, I must admit that they create an astonishingly good car. Everywhere you look in racing, you will see Porsches' name. They truly are the drivers car, and this is apparent everywhere you go. That being said, I've created a sort of challenge for you guys, to really prove my point. If you can tell me what year make and model the pictured Porsches are, you are either a Porsche fanatic, or cheated by using Google. The last one's a given but hey, I'm throwing y'all a bone. Give it a shot and let me know if I'm a raving loony for hating Porsche.

No comments:

Post a Comment