Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Top 5 Cars Under 5 Grand

In today's economy, we need to conserve our funds as much as we possibly can. I know not everyone will like the cars in this list, but these are cars that I've seen last for a long time if well taken care of. I'm not one to force my opinion, but I would love to hear what some of you, the readers, think would be a good addition to this list. Keep in mind I have no particular order with which I added these vehicles, so don't ask why one was listed before another.

1) 1990 Ford Mustang Lx
I chose the 1990 Mustang in particular because the 5.0L engine is not only almost bulletproof, but there are also many aftermarket parts out there if you ever needed to replace something, you can find it with no problem whatsoever. Although it won't get as good MPG as some of the other cars in this list, that won't really matter after you drive it around the block.

2) 1995 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic is one of the most reliable, longest lasting cars on the planet. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States. That's almost twenty MILLION cars. One model, not twenty million Honda's, but just the one model, are on the road today. There's something to be said about durability in there somewhere.

3) 1990-2000 Toyota Camry
The comfortable-but-boring Camry has made the cut largely for the same reasons the Civic is here. Super reliable, relatively comfortable, and in some cases, not bad to look at. Personally, I'd prefer a Civic because there are more sport applications available, but some people like the comfort of a Camry better. 

4) 1989-1995 Jeep Cherokee
The legendary Jeep Cherokee had remained pretty much unchanged for many years because the 4.0L V6 is known as one of the most rock solid engines on the planet. I've seen these little trucks with well over 200K miles and still running strong. If you're the kind of person who loves to ski, snowboard, or do anything outdoorsy, this is the truck for you.

5) 1993 Cadillac DeVille
OK, so this beauty's here because I'm only slightly biased. This car (at least the 4.9L version), gets 15 mpg in the city, and 25 on the highway, as long as premium fuel is used. I purchased this bad boy for 1300 dollars in 2010 and it was the best 1300 I've ever spent. Cadillac is one of the most undervalued cars on the market, and when you buy one, you get an incredible amount of car for the money. Brand new, they go for over forty thousand dollars. It has a big, roomy interior, enough power to get up and go, and while it may not be for everyone, the looks definitely grew on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment