Friday, March 16, 2012

BMW's Latest 5-Series Release: Tri-Turbo Diesel?

Normally when I see that a major auto manufacturer releases a new vehicle, honestly I could care less. This time, however, BMW has done something truly groundbreaking. They have taken the iconic 5-series saloon car, and thrown a tri-turbo diesel powered mill in it. Dubbed the M550Xd, not only is it generally a normally aspirated, gas powered engine, but it has THREE, yes three, turbos. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be an absolutely incredible torque machine that handled like an M3 with room for the whole family. Unfortunately, according to Chris Harris of Drive, this is not the case. I suppose we would all expect a lot out of an M car from BMW, but because it's a diesel, it just isn't up to snuff. Watch the video and enjoy.
Source: Ridelust.com

No comments:

Post a Comment