Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Difference in Lotus Exige and Venom GT

I suppose this one paragraph from Hennessey's own web site sums up everything I'm planning to write about.
"Note: The Hennessey Venom GT design is based on the Lotus Elise / Exige. The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including but not limited to the roof, doors, side glass, windscreen, dash, cockpit, floorpan, HVAC system, wiper and head lamps. Hennessey Performance and the Venom GT are not associated with Lotus Cars."
So technically, yes, the Venom is based off the Exige, but that's where the similarities end. If you can imagine everything that surrounds the driver as a little pod, that's what was taken from the Exige. I get so frustrated listening to people say that the Venom GT is simply a stretched out Exige with a big fat engine. That just makes it seem so, thrown together, so cheap. This car was not something that was "just thrown together", it required massive amounts of engineering and countless man-hours to complete. Not only is the entire body and frame custom designed and built, but it is almost completely carbon fiber underneath the shiny paint. Personally, I think I would opt to have no paint on my Hennessey just so I could show the world how awesome my completely-carbon-fiber car is. But, then again, if I had enough money for one, I'd probably have enough for a pair! But that's just me. What do you guys think? Are the similarities skin-deep, or are the two cars more closely related than we think?

Source: venomgt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment