Thursday, April 19, 2012

Automotive Terms: Shooting Brake?

 We all know what kind of car a Hummer is (an SUV), and a Honda Civic comes in coupe or sedan, but what the heck is a shooting brake? I've heard the term a few times in the automotive industry, I just never knew what it meant. Apparently, some "shooting brakes" a really cool. The first example I came across in modern society is the fairly new-to-the-market, Ferrari FF. Basically, a shooting brake is a two-door wagon. If you could imagine a Cadillac CTS-V wagon with two doors, you've got yourself a shooting brake. Of course, the Ferrari is a whole lot smaller than the CTS-V, but that's the idea. However, I do believe I've discovered my new favorite style of car. Can anyone honestly say they don't like these things? Just look at these pictures and tell me what you think.

2003 BMW M Coupe

1975 Ferrari 365GTB

No comments:

Post a Comment