Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Ariel Atom: I Want One.

 Although the Ariel Atom is not a street legal production car, it will still go down in the history books as one of the most iconic vehicles of the 21st century. It weighs a mere 1,350 lbs, is 47 inches tall, and is powered by a supercharged 2.4L Honda Civic Si engine. It only produces around 300 HP, but seeing as it weighs only a little more than I do, it screams from 0-60 in under 3 seconds. This is the ultimate track ready toy. Pretty soon, not only will Ariel offer a V8 version of this monstrosity, but they will also have a windshield option available for those who don't want to wear a helmet every time they drive. Yes, this little car means business. My only concern is the price tag. At a base price just shy of fifty thousand bucks, this is by far one of the most expensive toys money can buy. And that doesn't even include the windshield! You would think that something so normal in our day to day lives would come as standard equipment, but you must remember that this is not a street legal car. I had no idea that this thing was never intended for street use until I decided to write an article about it, and quite frankly, I'm astonished, if not slightly annoyed. Someday, it will be mine. And no, I won't let my dad drive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment